Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Find something you love to do and you will never work a day in your life.
-Unknown

We finished up a unit on watercolor painting yesterday, the students in my first class did not seem as enchanted by the medium as I had hoped they would be. However in another class I am teaching, the students appear to understand and were more content to work and stay on task when painting. Their pictures turned out very nicely, where as the other class' work is not so great. I am not sure why this is. Today we begin a drawing project.
I really love working with high school students, they are very sharp! I am looking forward to the rest of the year, especially if it is half as good as the first four weeks have been!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your growing in knowledge by leaps and bounds..Good luck as you figure out how to motovate ALL of your students..i know you can and WILL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love your new Blog design! Who did it for you are they expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to read that things are going so well for you. It sounds like I have a long ways to go before I can match your rapport with the students. I'll have to watch one of your classes sometime and see how it's done -- and how much can be transferred into a mathematics class.

    ReplyDelete